Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Relaunching My Blog

In an effort to always improve, I’ve rebooted my blog. Not only is there a new look, I’m hoping to do some new things. The simpler layout should be easier on the eyes. Also, upon reviewing my previous posts, I realized that I cite a lot of what I read. Looking at other things I’ve written throughout the years, I noticed I also cite a lot of movies and music as well. So I am going to link my citations directly to Amazon.

This can serve a few purposes: First, you, as a reader, can go directly to the source that I am writing about. Second, if my post generates some interest in an item, you can easily look at and possibly even purchase it.

Another addition that you can see to the right is a store that has been added. Feel free to click on and search through the store. There are various different categories. Most of the categories are books that I like. They have either influenced my life as a Christian, helped me with goal setting and finances, or just books I’ve enjoyed. The first two categories are different, however.

People are always talking about what they are currently reading, or if they’ve read anything interesting lately. Also, when I’m reading a book, if it’s interesting, I think about it a lot. I truly interact with a book, so the first category is what I am currently reading (This is the default category that should show up on the sidebar window). The second category is books that I have recently read.

I’ve added these two for a variety of reasons. If I’m reading something that interests you, start reading it and let’s start a discussion. I love hashing out ideas, especially if I'm reading something difficult and challenging as I am now with Joyce's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. Another reason goes back to my interacting with books so much. A lot of what I think about, and therefore post, comes from what I’m reading.

I hope you find my blog helpful and interesting, if you do please tell a friend, and award me with a follow.

Thanks
-Ryan

No comments: